Christmas comes in June for me this year as I get the privilege to talk about Schoology, one of my very favorite learning applications, at ISTE in San Antonio next week. Our students and teachers are thoroughly embracing this outstanding learning management system that enables online learning, social networking, and classroom management tools. In addition, we have also established some terrific learning connections with our Schoology friends; Kim, Cassandra, Dylan, Brad, and Ryan. Just to name a few.
A summary of my discussion points for ISTE...
- "Learn Together" - The logo, clean and easy. The motto, simple yet powerful! The pronunciation is apparently a bit more challenging. "SKUL-uh-G" (Ken at Lowes now has one of my Schoology t-shirts... long story, ask me anyway.)
- The Matrix - Schoology did my homework for me! Comparing learning management systems. (My laziness led to a timely discovery!)
- The Numbers Game - from 0 to 7500 student users in 12 months. How did that happen? (seed planting, administrative support (+Keith Sorensen), creative uses, and not just for the classroom) No pressure, this product sold itself! The decision to purchase the Enterprise edition became rather easy because of the "seeing-is-believing", student data.
- Show and Tell - be up and running in less than an hour. Simple design, social supports, and the Schoology Help Center, make blended PD for teachers, students, and parents easy and painless.
- Looking Ahead - 1:1 expansion with iPads, professional development platform, student help desk, personal learning networks, and connected learning - all supported and enhanced by Schoology LMS.
Schoology vs. Edmodo - Comparing two terrific tools
Five Reasons Why Schoology Rocks - An admittedly biased perspective