|Creative Commons Image - Pinterest|
- The Five Biggest Education Technology Trends to Know About - +Edudemic Online Learning, Alternative Credentialing Platforms, Tablets & Smartphones, E-textbooks, and Learning Management Systems - Knowing and understanding the tools and programs that can be leveraged for learning is a key to teachers keeping current while providing meaningful learning experiences for their students.
- The Teacher's Guides To Technology & Learning - +Edudemic One of my very favorite posts about tools, trends, and programs relevant to teaching and learning. Reserve some time, and bookmark this one - a wealth of helpful information here!
- 12 Characteristics of an iPad-Ready Classroom - +TeachThought Keeping the horse in front of the cart with reminders about curricular and instructional considerations that should take place before the devices are introduced.
- 20 Things that New Teachers Need to Know - We are Teachers An interesting list containing pieces of advice for new teachers. Our current 1:1 pilot teachers have commented that it feels like being a new teacher all over again - simultaneously exhausting and energizing. My favorite, #12 says "Try to Grow Every Day".
- How To Properly Integrate Technology - +Edudemic (+Keith Sorensen) Empowering the innovators while assessing impact are two key aspects of integrating technology in the form of a pilot program.
- 10 Ideas for Moving Innovation Forward - +George Couros My favorite list from one of my favorite bloggers. Important considerations and practices that support innovation and change in school.
- iPads in the Classroom: The Right Questions You Should Ask - +Edudemic A discussion of the "how" and "why" with respects to iPad integration in the classroom. Do yourself a favor, start with "why" and repeat often.
- Why Schools Must Move Beyond One-to-One Computing - +Alan November A reminder that it's not about the device. One-to-World is a slogan that I have latched onto as a result of this article.